Friday 11 January 2008

Rakeback and Losers

I had noticed that i had not received any rakeback at all for Dec at Pokerplex and emailed them about it when others on the site said they had all got theirs. I got an email back saying "sure it will all be sorted for Jan", I said thanks very much what about Dec? They replied back " Oh , we can only process it from Jan onwards". Cheeky skankers, they had sent me email advertising their rakeback back in November and was the whole reason i started playing there. Let them know this and bingo, email and my rakeback arrived this morning. $400 of it, which was a little more than i had expected which is always nice.

As for my play today gained another $80 & 200 FPPs at Stars. Then blew all that playing for several hours on PokerPlex. Played mainly Limit 2/4 Omaha8. Also a bit of PL Omaha8 which i haven't played for about a week and I just didnt feel comfortable with for some reason and was playing very tight especially post-flop.
Still I managed to gain about $50 and then this hand came up, which just shows the variance in Omaha.
I am mid position with A,K,10,2 suited in hearts and spades and call a raise to $3, about 5 stay for the flop. J,9,3 all hearts looks good for me as i have K,10 hearts for second nuts,gutshot to straight flush and still lo hand possiblilities. Under the gun bets the pot for $15 only has $7 left, next player pushed his last $6 into the pot, so i figure i have to call with my odds, however last to act then re-pushed for his last $33 , so it is another $18 to call and I cant pass for a pot of $90. All 4 players had a heart flush !! but you guessed it last to act had the Ace flush and my profit has gone.
Hand shows the vulneribility in PL/NL games when having to make decisions with others to act. Did I play it right ? Im not sure to be honest.

Great chat later on Pokerplex from the regulars about how many players are really winners at the site and i am in agreement , that it cant be many without the Bonus and rakeback at the lower levels. Some of these guys crack me up the way they complain over every bad beat and how the site is rigged , yet they are there every day !

"Shut up and deal some more" I say

No comments: