Saturday 12 January 2008

Downswing

I was chatting to a mate on the phone and just started doing my ASDA online shopping list, when a Pokerstars 2/4 table i had been waiting on came available. I logged in and seconds later I was invited into a 3/6 game as well.
Great 10 minutes later i was $100+ down. Dont know how it happened just seemed to lose or get quartered on every river . Maybe i wasn't concentrating because of the phone call , Im not sure. However put the phone down and decided to focus and get it back. Hmmm, it just kept coming river after river pinching me of some if not all of the pot each time. I felt i I was playing fine and i'm sure in particularly on the 3/6 game i was running real bad, but the stacks kept dissapearing. At one stage i was about $260 down after only 40 minutes play, rallied for a little bit and ended about $170 down. However a very dissapointing hour, maybe I should set a stop/loss limit on these games.
Played Crypto for a while tonight again and gained another 200MPPs and about $60 profit. But yet again January isn't proving to be the rich golden highway i was hoping for. A family trip to Florida and a boys trip to Vegas is seeming miles off at the moment.

No comments: