Thursday 3 January 2008

Current Poker playing status

I have been an online player since the beginning of 2002. 5 years or so now~ guess that makes me a veteran in the online poker world.
Started playing at school many years ago into the VIth form , University and then really stopped playing through just other things in life and lack of opportunities/awareness.Discovering online poker has brought it all back to me and i now play regularly live as well as constantly online to annoy the wife ( somehow she doesn't understand ).
I am a PE teacher in the world of life, but have recently been declared a human in need of a 40 year old service and this has had to include a hip replacement. I know " way to bloody young to have that done" but all the bashing away at sport i have done for 40 years has brought me medical problems through arthritis in my hips rather than life long health. Wouldn't have changed a moment though and really miss the adrenalin of competitive sport these days. Poker is a substitute, but in no way matches the all consuming passion i had when involved in the physical battles of sport.
This little operation has meant i have been sidelined from my job for a few months ( probably until Easter ) and i intend to make use of this time to see how the life of full-time player sits with me.
I had the operation at the end of November and have been playing at Cryptologic and pokerstars a fair bit since then. More of that later, but for now deal me one more hand.

No comments: