Tuesday 29 January 2008

Added Value and freerolls

Playing in a big comp is something I haven't yet done , but do think I should have by now.
I can't really justify buying in directly for one, so will have to win one. I dont understand these satellites into them, why not just play a cash game or other tourney and if you win enough then use that to buy-in.
In fact apart from live tourneys i hardly play any tournaments where there isn't 'added' value. Often play the Blue Square league events @ 8:15 Sun thru Thur and then any other bonus events.
I find freerolls to be a bit frustrating, there are a few that play for 1 seat and you get several hundred players. Well I aint sitting there playing my usual waiting game for 2 or 3 hours to bust out for nothing deep into the tournament. So I usually play these hard and fast, not necessarily crazy , but very aggressive and try to get at least 5 x starting stack as quickly as possible. I might then think I have more of a chance and ease off the accelerator a little, but not too much as I intend to play these for the win. I will still limp in as often as possible with any kind of hand that might catch and play my big hands very hard pre-flop and post flop. After the flop i am going to bet and re-raise with any draws, and always put the opponents to the test.
There is a bonus one tonight on Blue Square which is $0+$2.50 with rebuys @$25. So will play this hard early and hope the deck hits me in the face, but will not bother with the rebuys.
Played two comps last night the Will Hill £3.5k added and totally blew it when i was 9/91 from original 400 and ended up going out 71st. Also played the Blondepoker freeroll on Gala last night for a GBPT seat @ Edinburgh and played crazy loose going up n down like a yo-yo before crashing out 18/89.
Got to go and bash away on Pokerplex to get my monthly bonus MPP requirement met, so deal em fast.

No comments: