Tuesday 22 January 2008

Making a dreary life intersting.

Since I started this I have become aware of how mundane and plain old dull my writing is. I showed it my 5 year old Daughter yesterday and she smiled her heartbreaking way when she saw my pic. So I got her to start reading some of it and she must have lasted half the first line ( admittedly this took about 10 minutes for her to read) before she lost total interest.

On BlondePoker, there are a couple of "diary/blog" type threads that show how the most mundane of topics can become a must read.
The first is by Tom McCreedy, otherwise known as Red Dog, who is a player on the UK Poker circuit. http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=30601.0
And then the Man himself Tikay Kendall has also a diary up that is now almost 200 pages long. http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.0.
Their topics of conversation vary from driftwood, roma caravans, latest epitaphs, price of rail tickets, best roads in the UK, cheese and even occasionally a bit of poker. It is a combination of good descriptive writing and an pair of minds that see fascination and interest where there is no right to be any.
I dont want to drift off the poker , because i started this blog to help me focus on the poker but i may every now and then make reference to something that 'crops' up that i cant let lie without a mention. Unfortunately I rarely travel much these days , so it could be very dreary aspects of Furness life that i disect.

As for the Poker, I played Sunday night in the $10 entry , 20.000 entrants on Stars that generates $200,000 prize pool for $10 entry !!!! Never got going and didn't even make the top 15,000 LOL.
Also had the £40k on Crypto that i had got into with that ridiculous value freeroll. I made it to 100 left when I pushed with A10 into a big stack stealing my blind. He felt compelled to call, although I do think he should have left it , especially as he flipped over A2.
" YES" I thought.
"YES" again I thought as the flop brought a 10.
"I cant lose this now, unless it comes turn 2 river 2...oh that is NOT going to happen."
"BUT.... I suppose it could come with 2 more hearts to give him the flush?"
Turn is 5 of hearts. "Oh NO it is going too"
River 3 of hearts. "Knew it !!".

Shame as well in a tourney with a first prize of +£10k.
I decided to pull the plug on the pokerstars Sunday Million game as i was feeling too tired and didnt fancy an all nighter till 8 the next morning. Ive saved the Tournament $s and will have to decide whether I should use them in one big prize tourney or just flitter them away with small tourneys.

Till next time, deal 'em up.

No comments: