Saturday 3 May 2008

May , leagues and little bonus

I've decided for May to just go a little slower on the poker playing front. This is especially true with the poker plex bonus, where I always seem to end up playing like a nutter in the last week or so to make the bonus while ignoring all family life, and strangely my wife doesn't seem to appreciate my efforts at increasing the Robbiebox clan wealth.

So instead of playing for a $500 bonus by getting 3400 MPPs, I have gone for the $250 bonus which only requires 1500 MPPs. I still get the 30% rakeback on top, but now I am also earning a little quicker too as each bonus 1$ only takes 6 MPPs instead of 6.8 MPPs as before.
Obviously I cant earn as much, but i can spend more time on a couple of tournament based leagues with gauranteed tourneys and extra end of league prizes. Namely the Grosvenor GUKPT league on Blue Square Poker and the Gala GCBPT league on Gala Poker.

I won't go into much detail, but will post the links to both .

http://www.bluesq.com/bluesquare/bspoker/bluesquarepokerleague.shtml

Basically the Blue Square league runs for 3 weeks every month, all 15 tourneys counts (so a bit more commitment required) and there is good added value to each tourney, especially in latter games although end of league prizes aren't great.

http://www.galapoker.co.uk/club/pn41.go?page=promotion5&lang=20&sid=377209244272317914151914&ms=MS

The Gala league runs for 6 weeks every 2 months, where just your best 5 tourneys count (so doesn't matter too much if you miss a few) , the gaurantees for each tourney dont look great but the end of league prizes are good ($9000+ worth) with GCBPT live packages for top 3.

So expect to hear about my triumphs or tears over this in the next few blogs.

But first of all is a live charity event here in Barrow tomorrow night, dealem 'up !

No comments: