Monday 5 May 2008

Dealing myself Bad beats

Great sporting success for Barrow this w/end , the soccer have made the play-off final and the Rugby are now 5 from 5 and top of the league !

So going into last nights Poker tournament, I was kind of confident of continuing success in 'my' sporting arena. Quiet early table and I managed to nudge my stack up 20% or so. Then this happened:

Dealing for the missing button , I was the small blind @ 200/400. Two limpers, and i got QQ so I raise to 3k leaving myself just under 8k so i can get away if a Ace or King flops. No fears though the flop comes Jxx. Easy push for me and get called by BB who has JJ, no way out really. I then even dealt him the case J on the turn for Quads !
So I potter off to the cash table, feeling dissapointed with the poker gods , but nothing more. The cash game has a few hyper LAGs on it, so picking your spot is the game. Double up + against one of them and then this happens:

Dealt AA on the button, me dealing again, Ive dealt mnyself so many good hands at this place, I have started to feel guilty about it. Early position raiser to a £1, 5 callers so I re-raise to £5 and get 4 callers !! "No respect", yet torn between thinking good, but not this many callers. Flop comes a reasonable Q,Q,10. I have to push when it is checked to me and I get a caller, thinking he has the Q, I reluctantly flip my bullets for him to show K,10 of hearts. Only a 10 can save him, so I flip over the turn (5) and river(3) ...no ten.. and I am about to scoop the pot when the cheering alerts me to the fact that I have dealt runner runner hearts to give him the flush and the £50+ pot. FFS!

Despite that setback I managed to turn £50 or so profit and then late on we managed to get an Omaha game going with 7 players. Fantastic , it was No Limit as Pot Limit was going to prove too difficult at that time. Great fun, some real good Omaha hands clashing and about 5 Full Houses were hit on the flop!!
The best part was the standard of play was awfull, with only one guy really having any idea how to play and I outplayed him beautifully in the only hamd we clashed in. I have to say I was quite dissapointed to only leave a further £59 up in the hour,I felt that confident and saw over 90% of flops.


Half way thru the first Blue Square league game for May and going OK, more later in the week.

No comments: