Wednesday 14 May 2008

The Simpsons

D'OH as Homer Simpson would say.
Just been on the phone and thought I had already registered for tonights Blue Square league, but hadn't and now too late D'OH, still compensation was I got to watch Bart and family with my daughter ( only thing Dad and 5yo daughter can watch together and enjoy).
Ive been going well too, 2nd in league just a point behind leader, thanks to a second place last night.

I had managed to just sit quietly and watch everyone donk themselves out with some questionable calls...... imo. So there I've ended up 2 handed and staring at the wrong stack in a 35k v 145k match. I go into a mammoth heads-up battle and slowly, without a big hand clash, claw my way to a 135k v 45k lead and then get it all-in with KJ v K7. The guy flukes a river flush and I can feel my focus go, I dont go on tilt, but I kind of know I am not going to win it now. And sure enough I just seem to lose/blow a few pots before I end up with it all-in with A9 v AJ and that is that! $375 instead of $625, 12 points instead of 15 and 2nd space in the league instead of 1st!.

As for the phone call it was some simple Indian lass trying to sell me a cheap balance transfer to a MBNA card. I had great fun forcing her to admit that I should transfer it to a Virgin C/card instead of MBNA as they were offering better terms. Took me 14 minutes though, and my chance to enter the BLUEsquare game was gone. D'OH

No comments: