Sunday 18 May 2008

Bonus chasing

ipoker ( that is mainly Blue Square for me) are having their billionth hand promotion at the moment. With the billionth probably going to be dealt in he next 48 hours. Along the way they have milestone hands every 200k and 5 million, so decided yesterday to have a blast and catch one of them. Got logged onto 6 tables playing short stacked PL Omaha...can't do much damage here I thought. I only had a few thousand hands till the milestone so was probably only playing about 10 hands per table. I will just sit here mega tight and hope to get lucky and hit the magic numbered hand for a nice 1k bonus.
The bottom line is ...I missed the magic hand....but did get drawn into moving all-in 4 times for $40 in that 10 minutes and lost them all !! so a rather costly $170+ spent in 10 minutes fishing for a bonus.

I'll try and have another go when the big one comes around as that carries a nice $50k bonus, no matter what stakes you play. Lets hope it happens early moning here about 8 am, when it is the quietest.

No comments: