Tuesday 20 May 2008

League rumbles on

The two leagues have been rumbling on and in the Gala league played a fair few games , but just got nowhere AT ALL !! not even final tables once in 6 attempts !
The Blue Square league has gone better. Tonight I ended up 3rd for $300 and 10 more points, which puts me into 3rd place. Should have been more but the league leader sucked out with a river to stay in and is going to have a large lead going into the three last events. I made a squeeze play from the BB with trash and ran into an all-in push from the Button which i had to let go ( he showed KK) and one big hand really destroyed me later when on a 679 board all the chips went in with me holding A10 hearts ( 2 on board) for flush and gutshot draw against LAGs 69 two pair. I missed .....sigh.

An intersting hand happened early in freezeout section. All the chips went in pre-flop between 4 of us and the lead changed on every street!
Pre-flop: It was AA v 88 v AK v (my)QQ
Flop: 8J2
Turn: Q
River: 10

Everyone felt the emotional roller-coaster on that hand, fortunately I was big chip Daddy and stayed in.

Current BlueSquare league standings here http://www.bluesq.com/bluesquare/bspoker/bluesquarepokerleague.shtml

Champions league final tomorrow, got to babysit the kids , so I'll watch it and play the BlSq league game as well. Might get out to the pub later , good mate just returned from getting married in Mauritious and he is a MAN U fan. Just fancy them to edge it tomorrow, but too close to bet on with the odds being so tight.
Did you know Derby made the European Cup semis in 1974 under Cloughy and it was later found out that Juventus had bribed the Ref. And look at us this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice one mate hope u catch up in the league