Saturday 2 February 2008

Monthly accounts

Before I do these a quick congrats for Sneaks who qualified for the Walsall GUKPT last night, he has had a fair few near misses online, so will be glad to get this one landed. Good Luck mate

So for January
Poker Plex : up $20 for 9,000 hands played !!
PokerStars: up $240
Classicpoker: up $130
Blue Square: down $180
Playing Live: up $360 (£180)

In total for playing up $570

Bonus of $500 and rakeback in region of $300

So +$1370 for the month. Hardly the riches I am hoping for and Ive spent more than that as I took £900 out for decorating this month, so my bankroll has actually depleted some.

Still a good month online or a biggish cash in one of the comps might get my bankroll up towards the $10k+, that I would feel more comfortable with.

On one of the PL Omaha tables yesterday was an intersting player, he was sitting with over $700 in front of him and remember it is just a $50 max bring-in to the table, so he had aquired more than 14 buy-ins off people. The remarkable thing was that he was playing 96.9% of flops and raising on 76% of them and still winning with an enormous stack in front of him!

I sat down and decided I would short stack play him. So sure enough he raised and i folded until I got a hand, when i would then flat call and then push on any part of the flop. He sucked out on me twice like this, including where I had KKQ10 on a K33 flop. check raised him only for him to push again and put me all-in. "Lovely jubbly" I thought until he flipped 3369 for quads !!
Well I guess that wasnt a suck out and he was a chatty guy, said he was just relaxing from his normal $5/10 NL games. "This is fun" he said as he raised the pot for the 15th time in a row !
For the record I did get back at him and eventually left the table with about $100.
No real changes of plan this month yet, so Deal em up in Feb

No comments: