Wednesday 6 February 2008

The League has begun

So Monday, I log in for the Blue Square GUKPT league game. I am chip leader after 5 min and stay in top 5 for 2 hours.....the new league is all going to plan. Suddenly I push in twice against short stacks who really are not priced to call, yet donk their chips in with total filth and hit. Then take on the chip leader with A , J on a push of 4BB and he calls with 8 , 3. I dont need to explain what happens next. So I crash out 15/111 for a little over my cash back and 1 poxy point in the league.

Tuesday and it is the rebuy, I start well and am 2nd for a while and stay in and around the top 10 till after the break. 'Im gonna get points every day' I think. Go a bit card dead, so raise to 4BB on a large stack limper from late position with AJ. BB calls as does limper. "Whoops, do I push?", well flop makes up my mind as it is J , 8 , 3 . Perfect ! BB checks, Limper bets 3k , I move in for the rest and a nice position back in the top 5. But things dont go to plan , Mr. Large Stack calls and flips over 8 , 8 for Trips. FFS exits 30 something.

Tonight it was the $25 PL game.....I like Pot Limit and think I have an edge here. But I get very little or rather make very little despite getting AA twice , but I then bounce back with a river saver and am looking nicely placed. But my JJ runs into QQ on the final table bubble and Im out for another poxy single point.
So 3 games played , 2 Points and $37 down. GREAT VALUE THIS LEAGUE ! ....oooh did i forget to mention........ if your winning?

Still not giving up and will be back playing my fave tomorrow , the $10 PL Omaha rebuy. Must have won this comp about 6 times in the past, so deal em up cause tomorrow is when I begin my push for the league title. LOL

3 comments:

Treeny said...

Sent you an email earlier Jon

Robbieboxseal@hotmail.com said...

cheers mate Ill check now.

my msn is "robbieboxseal@hotmail.com"

Robbieboxseal@hotmail.com said...

just read it now dave at 4pm on friday

im freeish tue, thur and fri next week