Wednesday 20 February 2008

Which first ..... Good News or Bad?

Of Course it has to be the good news as the bad news isn't really bad just problems to overcome.
Good news is that I have now got the all clear to go to Vegas later in the year , Thats right at last a trip to my spiritual HOME !!
Now the bad news:
1. Its costing me a w/end of babysitting while wifey hops to Spain on a Hen night.

2. Wont be able to swing it while Im still off work so limited to school hols. Already had a little look at this and prices are not in the cheap range that i was seeing before xmas. Cheapest I could find was £610 for a hotel package off the strip.

3. Need to get my bankroll up enough to justify going. Reckon i need a min. of $4000. Which breaks down as $1000 for flight and hotel and I need at least $3000 to have available, no point going that far and being too limited. Of course I hope not to spend the whole $3000. Ive got over $4000 at the moment , but in case of a wipeout situation I want to be able to come back to a bit of a bankroll here. So think I need to get my roll up towards the $8k+ range.

4. Dont know who else will want/be able to make it. There is already a trip planned for Oct ( school term time) and a few others have their trips planned too. Sneaks has his baby due in August , so really needs to get a trip in before his life is altered forever, so I think he is up for it. I could go to Vegas on my own and still have a great time, but always better with one or two others.


Other News :~ Last two nights I have fallen to sleep reading Morgan her bedtime story ( well watching 'The Simpsons' with her) and woken at 9:45 both nights.
Mon night dashed back down to see there were 14 left in the Blondepoker league night and to see I went out 15th !
Tuesday Night I found myself in the Blue Square league game with 560 left and blinds at 150/300. Got AK pushed and got called , first double up. Next hand go in over the top with AQ and double up again. one round later end up all-in 4 handed with AQ v AKv JJ v crap and hit a full House. From zero to 3rd in 10 minutes after sitting out for an hour and a half. hehehehe. Ended up coming 3rd and could easily have won it if my KQ had hit against JJ near the end. Still another $200 and more points towards the league and an outside chance of a cash placing with 3 games left.

No comments: