Monday 18 February 2008

GUKPT

Sneaks made it to the Final table of the Main event
at the Walsall GUKPT.
Managed to persuade the Missus to let me go down and watch, so @1:30pm I got in the car and flew down. I also decided to play the £200 side event too. When I got there the Final table had already started , but i needn't have worried , because it was a cagey start and nobody exited the tourney for the first 2 hours. Strange these main event finals , sometimes they seem to be a very cautious affair and last for ages or at other times it will be train collisions right from the off as people decide to go for it. 7 of the 9 players had never really cashed big before , so probably explains the steady play.
It was great to see Sneaks do so well and he looked really confident , all the way really until he busted in 5th with a river bluff on a 4 heart board. Still a pay day of £18k for him and I'm sure he will be wanting to repeat this very quickly.
As for me , found myself in between Lucy Roakash and James Browning in the £200 jobby. Got a Nut flush to hit on the turn and paid off fairly well and then played well thru to the final table. Started off on the final table well and built my stack up to just above average at one stage, but then I started to play weak and got pushed off two pots when on reflection I should have called or pushed, and really let myself get anted away too much. I have to feel dissapointed with my play at the end. Still ended up 5th for £640 and even got myself some GUKPT ranking points.
I'll be playing the Blue Square league games this week as it is final week and want to ensure a top 20 play-off place even if the top spots are too far ahead now.

No comments: