Friday 5 September 2008

Yet another Snap Decision....D'OH

Got myself a new laptop and one of those dongle things. Laptop is great but this dongle is so slow, don't know if I will even be able to download this.....although I guess if you are reading it ..I have! Not downloaded any sites yet, but still hope to be online this w/end to get back playing, especially as I fancy the APAT online series starting Sunday, details here http://www.apat.com/index.php.

Talking of APAT, I played the main event in London last Saturday and went well right from the off, being more than twice the average stack for most of the day and being in the top 10 or so throughout. I played well slightly LAG, and felt I was reading players well. Got a lot of moves through with nothing and paid value on hands where I was strong. I really felt very comfortable and then about midnight with 40 players left of the starting 205 I again made a stupid play without thinking.
I raised to 8k (BB=2k)from mid position with AJ and got smooth called by the very solid guy on my left. My head was screaming at me " whooooa, watch out he has aces" as the guy wasnt one to make moves and I was very surprised to see him not re-raise me. I figured he could have AK as well maybe , but my initial reaction had been that he was calling with Aces. Anyway the flop killed me as it came 89J, so I led out for 12k, without really thinking about bet size, and he pushed pretty much straight away. It was "only" another 23k to call and I did have top pair top kicker, BUT, what the hell did I think I was beating now ????? anyway my mind didn't think and I stuttered out "CALL" in a micro-second. Sure enough he flipped his aces over and I went from very comfortable to short stack push territory. I hung around for another hour or so and was a little unlucky losing my last two hands with the best starting two. However I left a tourney once more pissed off with myself for making a move without taking my time.

A previous post was entitled "will I ever learn?" Well I had better start quickly if I really want to get some results, got to focus the whole tourney EVERY hand.....especially the big pots......will not make a snap decision again for any kind of pot without ensuring I have considered it all. LOL we'll see?

Will have to publish some August accounts v. soon, and that is not going to be good reading.

Here is hoping I get lucky soon.

No comments: