Saturday 30 August 2008

Offline, I'm afraid

MY laptops hard drive has blown up and something not working on the PC router connection so been offline for a while ( 3 weeks!)

Hope to get sorted this next week and looking to get a new laptop and maybe go down the dongle route so can play anywhere.

As for live play, played the APAT PL Omaha tourney and after a good start, I got away cheaply from a couple of nut flops that would have turned into disaster and was quite pleased with myself. Then went card dead for a while and donkeded off a 3k bluff with nothing. Whilst not desperate, I was then down to 2/3 average and when with 6 limpers the board flopped 772 (2clubs) with me in BB with 10,8,7,3, I called aggresive button bet only to be check raised by another aggressive player from mid-position. I figured he had the 7 or a club draw, but felt he was likely to have nothing higher than a 10 with his 7, as he could be playing a hand like 5678 etc, if he had it at all. So I called getting about 2:1 for my money and he had QQ72 and with no help from the board I exited fairly early realy. A little dissapointed really as I had been looking forward to this game for a while and felt considerably better than most at the table where I had seen a lot of poor and questionable plays in just the 140 min I was in.
Went with Daz Naylor to the Gutshot after, to check it out and play their evening game. Very dissapointed with the place after all that I had heard~ quite grubby and small. The players were a strange bunch with plenty of characters and the standard of play wasn't bad. Got to the final 2 tables but never really got much above average and for what seems like the 10th tourney running, I get knocked out the first time I had all my chips in the middle and called.

Due a little bit of fortune me thinks....maybe today will be the day as I am playing the APAT World game at the Vic.

So till later, stay lucky !

No comments: