Friday 27 February 2009

Yeh, notes are useful......mmmmmmmm

So here it is, PLO Hi/Lo and I'm on the button with 10,10,7,3 and see a flop of K,7,7. It is checked to me and I check it, too difficult a hand to call a re-raise. Turn is a 5 , check all round. River is a 3, bingo Full House! and no one has bet ( they are all deep) so must be well in front. utg bets the minimum $2 and it gets called twice, I figure they are all palying some Lo or Hi hand so decide to repop it and try to scoop the pot by flushing out all the non premium lo & hi hands. The utg then repops it and Im forced to call hoping he is Lo.


But NO he had slowplayed KK, the nut FH, on all streets and I lose a $120+ pot. I type "wp" in the chat box and begin to curse myself for being so greedy with a hand like mine. Then think I'd better put something about that in his notes. Double click him and realise I already have a note on him. This is it
PLO8 ch F&T NUTSFH (ep) minb on R
which is my shorthand for
PLOmaha Hi/Lo checked the Flop and Turn with the Nuts Full House from early position and a minimum bet on the River. I now cursed myself for not reading this as he had made exactly the same play before and i would NO way have repopped it on the river, but just called it down and saved myself virtually my whole stack.

I don't make notes enough, I should have at least used the ones I have made.
Note to myself: make more notes.

As for my online play taken quite a hit this month on Poker Plex so had a few days off, and will be back in March, Accounts up next post.

No comments: