Monday 16 February 2009

Another Week passes by......

... a few things happened, but nothing great so stop reading if you are rushed.

Just finished playing the Pokerstars $200k and couldn't repeat last weeks exploits, but finished a respectable 7,000th LOL, but still over 2,500 from the cash.

I played the Hendon Mob League game this week ( i dont play it regularly but every now and then) and managed to knock out Barney Boatman. Something flashed up on the screen about knocking out a Full Tilt Pro and when I checked my emails I got this:

Hi Robbiebox,

Congratulations on busting Barny Boatman in the following tournament:

Hendon Mob Forum League (76318269)

Your Full Tilt Poker account has been credited with a bounty prize of $10.00.

In addition to your bounty prize money, you've also earned a T-shirt to commemorate your accomplishment. You'll receive a second email that will allow you to claim this shirt and confirm your shipping details.

Remember, Full Tilt Poker offers a bounty for busting any red pro playing in any scheduled real-money tournament with 30 players or more. You can collect a bounty matching the tournament buy-in (not including tournament fee) up to $200.

We're happy to have you playing at Full Tilt Poker - best of luck at the tables!

Sincerely,

Full Tilt Poker


So I have won one of those tacky " I bust a Pro at Full Tilt Poker" T-shirts that I saw 2 people wearing at the APAT comp last w/end. It might as well say "I'm not much of a poker player, but I got lucky once and knocked out this so called pro", personally think the Boatmans are evry average rock type players and would be surprised if they are long term winners as they certainly haven't cahsed much considering the number of tourneys they have been sponsored into, they were just around at the right time and have marketed themselves well.
No way am I wearing it ever, so will have to find some way to give it away.

Last thing for today is the boxing match that two of Denmarks best players have organised between each other as a sporting bet. It is Gus Hansen v Theo Jorgenson, who are best mates and are playing for $25k if Gus wins , $35k if Theo wins. That is just chicken feed to these two so it really is a personal challenge. The one thing that has caught my attention are the odds Nordicbet are offering on a bloody nose at any stage of the fight. A massive 11 to 1, which I think is exceedingly good value, I am going to fill my boots or have a little dabble on that anyway. Think the fight is live online too ! Will try and find the link and post it later.

Stay Lucky Dudes

No comments: