Sunday 1 February 2009

Ducks, Bulldogs and Jan Accounts

Last year I had 1258 views of my blog and 1 month in Jan I have had just 94 views, so my blog is becoming less popular. Not surprising when you consider the poor quality of entry and the fact I haven't had anything really interesting happen to me in the poker world for the last 4 months.

Well Saturday I took down the local comp , disposing of several fish along the way, just had to hit once with AK v 55 but apart from that was never in any trouble, aside a few blatant steals when down to 3. Ended up splitting it heads up with Snapper for £215 which was a nice way to finish the month after a long time off the cash in local games.
A few of the regular players were well plastered, making for an entertaining Saturday night. Also there were two card gaurds that took notice, Robo's stupid "nasty Duck" that was only nasty in the sense I wouldn't want one.
And also Bully's 2 brass bulldogs which he proudly put one on each card every hand.
These are not the real ones but you get the idea.
A bit of a gimmick , but I imagine it would get you noticed and that can be a good thing. I've just read an article about how Pokerstars Pro Haved Khan deliberately was outrageous in the 2006 WSOP so that it drew attention to him and he managed to get a sponsored deal out of it, even though his performance wasn't really that great. He has now cashed a few times, including one big win to make him a "name", but apparently he has played every tourney going (all paid for by Stars) just so he could get some results to be worth talking about. Quite a little business plan, as playing big tourneys from your own bankroll seems to be a very difficult way to get +VE out of poker. If I ever make a big tourney late stages will have to think of some "gimmick" to give me that PR edge !!

Maybe I should dress up in fancy dress, Robo did think I looked like Gimli from Lord of the Rings.

I don't see it myself, but then again I wasn't on my 13th pint of Stella or trying to distract people from my own uncanny similarity to a Butch Gay bloke from San Fran ...............say no more.

I was going to post Jan Accounts, but will save that to later in the week when I get the rakeback details, also will try and target a few live games/ambitions for the year.
APAT game tonight on BlSq, dont forget to get involved in this comp, doesn't matter if you miss the first one you can join in at any time and with 20 weeks it wont make much difference.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes very well done jon you played a very solid games
oh yeah thats a bit of an insult putting pictures of little whippets up when mine are of course "BULLDOGS" :-)

carry on the good work and good luck any games you play

ps...they do get me noticed especially at Blackpool ;-)