Saturday 7 February 2009

Crashes and a $500 pot

Off to the Walsall APAT event today, not leaving till the last minute now, so going to have to rush down. Not a great move as I watched a Fire service presentation on Road safety yesterday at work and have to say found it quite moving....it brought back vivid memories of a motorway pile-up I witnessed 17 years ago and it is incredible how clear a moment like that can be. Even got a little choked up when I told the kids about it at the end. So hope the conditions are good and snow is well clear down there.

My biggest pot for a long time, so for the $500 pot, this is the playback.
PLO Hi/Lo $1/$2 and I have $121 in front of me, everyone else inthe hand is much deeper. I get dealt Ad3d4hJs and see a flop of 2dQd8h so have Nut Lo draw and also A flush draw for the probable Nut Hi --> With two cards to come I need any 34567 for the Lo and any Diamond is my only real way of taking down the Hi.
Anyway the flop betting goes crazy with me getting caught in between the raisers and forced to call all-in against 4 opponents by the end of the round. On the turn of another Queen we lose one as the other two end up getting it all in for atotal pot of almost $1000 and the River comes another Queen, putting trips on the board and destroying any chance I had of taking anything.
One of the guys had 10A39 with two diamonds giving him almost the same lo draw and taking away two of my Hi draw outs and the other guy had Q8xx and took down the grand with Quad Queens. I stuck it into the Omaha8 calculator http://www.thehendonmob.com/pokercalc/index.html and found I was only 34% to win on the flop which surprised me as I thought I would be much higher.
Those pots make a big difference to my bottom line come the end of the month,, By the way if you are reading this and know how I can display hand histories a little better please send me the link in a comment.

Right off to become Emglish amateur champion. Stay lucky geezers i intend to !

No comments: