Sunday 5 October 2008

OOOH Dear ...DOWNSWING

Last post I was bragging about how well Sept had gone and the fact I was flyin in Oct too........well that was a curse as I have not hit a thing since. Everything has missed or been outdrawn everytime it all goes in, I actually feel as though I have played fairly well and not made too many mistakes, but nevertehless I keep losing. I have gone from $250 up to $300 down in the space of 2 days.
While it is hardly going broke, it does show how soul destroying this game must be to play as a pro sometimes. How many jobs do you put a solid hard days work in and go home with less (a lot less) sometimes than you start with.

The general thinking within the poker community is that you should be target setting based not on results but on play. In other words , dont worry how much you are up/down, but concern yourself with the number and quality of hands you play.
So this month I am going for 20,000 hands , which considering I only played just over 5,000 last month is going a bit. I am starting to move upto multi-tabling 6 tables at times and think this will become the norm at busy times soon. It will also give me about 50,000 points on the pokerplex player programme...ONLY need 17 million for a BMW M3 !! http://www.pokerplex.com/online_shop.shtml

Off Poker now ~ It chucked it down all day yesterday and I ran a trip to watch the Rugby League Grand Final at Old Trafford. The coach was half an hour late and I got soaked waiting for it and never dried out once but still didnt stop it being a fantastic day with a great atmosphere. Rugby League is the best sport to watch and I think this will become a regular annual trip.

No comments: