Tuesday 7 October 2008

Bad,Bad and more Bad !

I cant stop losing !! official !

I have just kept going downhill. Well Up 'n' down, but ultimately I'm now almost a $1000 down for the month....A DISASTER. Not had a week like this for ......ever.

I don't feel as though I'm playing particularly badly or rashly but everytime I semi-bluff push with a draw I get called and never hit. And every time I get someone pushing on me when I have the goods they seem to hit. Well its not every time but it seems it is more than the odds dictate. There I go sounding like a compulsive gambler (loser?) and blaming it all on luck. Maybe its time I did a bit of analysis, how can I make almost a grand last month and yet lose that much already this month??

* I have played mainly at 2/4 this month and started 6 tableing, so maybe the standard is a little higher than the .5/1 or 1/2 PLO games. Might step down to the lower games or just play the 4 games at once. Hate going backwards but think it could be needed here.

*I've got over half a million hands now logged thru the eyepoker dataminer, so need to look at that and see if any stats are showing differently for me this month vs last month.

* Am I actually playing -EV or just getting a real bad run? My PokerEV software free trial has expired so might purchase that to find out.

Bit of a negative post, but I was so looking forward to hammering this month and seeing how much I could make. I've already played almost as many hands as last month and it is only 6 days in.

On the positive side the Blue Square league started yesterday and although Sneaks didn't cash he has had a bit of a run on the cash tables and we are upto $3k.

Ladbrokes have a great added money series coming up which I will highlight next post.

No comments: