Monday 11 May 2009

Sunday drag again

Benn playing a fair bit online this week and got an exciting opportunity coming up next week.

First had two long tourneys yesterday, the Pokerstars $1/4 million where I got well stacked but then crashed out just into the money for hardly any profit. Second one was the weekly VIP $2.5k freeroll on Plex, which I have played about 6 or 7 times without success. Yesterday was chip leader for long periods but then crashed badly on the final table to take a paltry $50 when really should have been making a happy pay day for myself --> so left quite dissapointed.

So online cash has been ticking away on Plex for a slight profit and then crashed last night and lost all that I had made in the previous week, including putting it all-in to a $220 pot with the Nut lo and being a little worried about gettting quartered, but should have been more worried about playing the right game as it was PLO hi only and the pot when scooting acrosss the table to one of my opponents ............. D'OH !!

The other place I have been playing is on PokerStars, where they have a fantastic offer on for UK players only. Basically it is an upgrade on your VPPs, offering a chance to upgrade, including a chance to get 80k VPP bonus for earning 7500VPPs in May. This will then put me just a month or two from gaining supernova status and all the perks that go with that. I started well and was making a little profit as well as earning the VPPs,before I had another bad session and am now down a little. Will go for it as I think it is worth it, Stars is the one site where I seem able to multi-table much more effectively ( upto 9) but not going to go down more than $500 chasing it, although again that might be hard to stop if I am so close to it. On 800 VPPs at moment so about 300/day required .....1 hour/day if nine tabling !!

The other news is an exciting sponsor offer to play the Newcastle GUKPT £250 PLO leg. Tony at http://www.cumbriapoker.com/ has offered to pay me in for 35% returns and just on the ask that I write up a Tourney report afterwards which is something I will quite enjoy doing and gives me a chance to play a game that really is just out of my reach with sensible bankroll management. He has offered the B'pool leg too or just do the one £500 PLO Hi/Lo leg at the Vic in Dec, which is more my game of choice but cant gaurantee I will be able to get free from work for that one, so will play the two PLO instead.

Keep tuned geezers and stay lucky.

No comments: