Thursday 7 May 2009

I hate crap players

Saturday saw the Monthly deepstack at the G again.
5 of us went down from Barrow and had a fairly good day. I started a little slower than the last few tourneys, but eventually got going after the break with a nice float/bluff play and then a massive hand with my top two pair v. top n bottom v. flush draw stayed clear of trouble and made me comfortable chip leader by the next break. I managed to maintain my stack but then got moved to a new table where all the big stack were. I still went well and was very unlucky when my AK got it all-in v a KQ push only for the board to come down A,2,3,4,5 for a split.
Then with just 15 players left I got AK utg+1, young scandie who i had had a few good clashes with raised utg so i pushed for a total of 80k, a shorter stack of about 60k in mid position dwelled up for a minute before calling and the scandie dwelled himself saying he had AK and surprisingly let it go, flipping it as he did. What did the
shorter stack have??? 9 , 9 !!!! WHY? How can you possibly call with that and think you are ahead?? And what did he say " I knew you two were on AK !!"........what a muppet how can you know that !!
Obviously I missed and then was desperately short , went out soon after and left the tourney hating poor players and feeling I was so close to another £1000+ cash.

As it was HoneyMonster was at his awesome best and went into the final table as chipmonster, but blew away a little and finished 6th , but not before he had landed himself a £1000 deal
I had 5% so eased the entry cost a little.

Interest in the local poker tour grows, so should have dates sealed, stamped and sorted very soon.

Also online I am chomping away on Plex but also a great offer from Pokerstars.......more of which next time.....stay lucky gimps.

No comments: