Sunday 17 May 2009

Silence of the Box

Had the evening in last night watching Britains got Talent and Eurovision with my little daughter. She loves it and I'm beginning to get sadder by the day as I am starting to comment as if I like it a bit...........which of course I don't. But watching the crowd there in Moscow it is easy to see it has become a big "EURO thing", heaps of nubile young women dancing for their countries pride ( probably a few nubile men, but I seemed to miss them) and everybody, absolutely everybody was smiling. Jesus not one sad or even neutral face, it is like people are really having a good time there...SICK !

Not that I was paying attention but the British lass did fairly well too, despite a crap song, guess the touch of Andrew Lloyd Webber did the trick. She sang well though and is worth a pic :


The winner was some Norwegian young wanna be poker player who had a classic Euro style tune that ended up being the biggest winning margin ever and now will no doubt be played to death everywhere.


On the poker front played a local game Friday, where i was on fine Trash talking mode, before bowing out to two poor plays from oppos that got Lucky..Story of every poker players life LOL
During eurosingsalong and then afterwards when I watched the brilliant Mr Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs I Played the Full Tilt FTOPS PLOmaha game as practice for Wednesdays GUKPT PLO event and came a respectable 124th out of 2215 runners for only about $100 but nice to feel in form, although I chickenshited a clear continuation bet towards the end that I was kicking myself for afterwards.

Pokerstars challenge sits at 2000 VPPs, +$20/month. Need another 5500 VPPs or 367/day.

Interest grows in the Poker Tour of Furness (PTF) and I am really looking forward to running this. Dates still not finalised but closest thing I have at the moment is this

First game does look like the Sun 14th June at Dalton CC 7pm start. Hope to see you local suckers there....stay lucky.

3 comments:

FurnessPoker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FurnessPoker said...

Well you got one "Local Sucker" that is going to be there for EVERY one :)

By the way http://www.furnesspoker.co.uk will donate a chipset (300x) for the first game, you can either raffle this and use the money to add an extra seat to the game or whatever you think is best

Unlucky last night in the PLO but very well played getting in the cash.

Peace Out
Paul

Robbieboxseal@hotmail.com said...

cheers mate, don't know what i will use it for.
Maybe a bounty on your head LOL