Wednesday 29 July 2009

My Mate can Play !!!

It's true, my mate can play ! We (Me, Adam, Daz, HoneyMonster and my mate)went down to Blackpool for the monthly £100er which drew an amazing 185 runners.

And my mate came 1st for a cool £5490. No poxy deals but the outright winner at 6:10am !!

It was a good game as always and I hopped along nicely and moved upto almost 35k when the average was only 20k. So thought I was going to be in for a good one, but ran a couple of bluffs and raises that got picked off or pushed and I was back down to average. Did my usual creeping along for a while looking for a chance to move and then made a slightly rash move when I got dealt 10,10 under the gun and decided to push all 20k in, with blinds at 1600/800, and duly ran into a crap players Bullets and that was me out in 60th.

That was not the end of the fun though because we got a little dealers choice cash game going with Adam and Daz. About 8 in all including the never dull Howard Plant.
I do love dealer's choice and there was lots of loose money in this game, unfortunately some of it turned out to be mine. Still a +EV game without a doubt, just not on this occassion, and Daz's re-raise from the blinds in 6 card Omaha Hi/Lo didn't help.
I had A34568 double suited and had to call the £40 bet as did 6 others. The flop brought the 2 but also the Jc Kc. Daz is all-in next guy is all-in, next guy calls and I have £85 left so got to call and the pot ends up being around the £700 mark. Turn is a 6 so any low card will do, but it comes 9c and makes my flush, but I know it is too low and sure enough guy on my left flips the Nut flush. RELOAD Please!

So I ended up walknig away in the end £230 down from the cash, by biggest loss for a long time. But hey ho it didn't matter as we watched my mate storm it and my little 5% saver brought me in £275. Nice one and back in bed by 8am !

So live games haven't been too good for me this month, but off down to Bolton tonight I think for their £50 triple chance. Played it on the first of the month and crashed early, I'm due a good one....tonight is the night.
Online has been pretty good though so will have the figures up next time after the weekend for July. Might be the last post for a while as I have an important matter or two to deal with.
So enjoy and stay lucky chumps.

No comments: