Monday 13 July 2009

2nd tour game and a win at LAST !

Played a few tourneys yesterday and went OK , but only managed a cash in one...but what a cash...1st at last in a proper MTT only my 3rd ever in 300+ tourneys.



Wasn't actually for $1600+ as we did a deal 4 handed with me taking $1000 and then played on for an hour later for the $200 left over. Thought I played it well, although as you have to in PLO8 tourneys I got lucky a couple of times. Still another nice little bankroll boost.

It also pushes my rankings right up on OPR and that could well come in handy if I try to look for some staking later in the year , especially for the GUKPT PLO8 at the Vic in Nov/Dec.

The 2nd tour game wnet well, and you wouldn't Adam 'n' Eve it but I only nailed the correct number of entrants again. Remember in the last entry I put 64 as my guess and spot on I was. So Robo is going to have to cough up and get me another Bottle of Red to make up for the one I left in the bar on Saturday LOL.
Game wasn't as smooth as Dalton CC just because it was harder to get around and see everyone, plus no screen for players to see clock which makes a big difference. However it all finished a little earlier after a big heads-up duel between Daz Naylor and young Callum Stewart ended with Daz as the bridesmaid again. Have to say though Callum really impressed me and seems like a quality player, will have to see if he fancies coming down to Blackpool for the £100 on Saturday 25th this month.

There was a problem though as a geezer from the Gambling commission had phoned to see what was going on, after being passed around to several people who didn't have my number, Chris Salmon talked to him and got the OK for that game on the promise that I will ring him during the week. Too busy today at work, but will do tomorrow..............will be a real shame if he says it cant go on anymore as they have been such good events with 100 people having a great night out without losing much and feeling everything was fair. Will report back once I've found out exactly where we lie.
3 possible outcomes I think:

1. He says what we are doing is fine and a real credit to things being done well, carry on. This is what I would most like.
2. He says I cant do this and that, but got to do this and offer that etc. then you can carry on, although it might reduce how many want to be involved if it is too restrictive. This is the mostly outcome I reckon.
3. He says "No Way" and either completely bans them all and/or throws me in the slammer for 10 years ! This is not really my favourite....gulp !

Oh yeh forgot about the car crash, oh well maybe next time............stay lucky freaks.

1 comment:

FurnessPoker said...

Yes mate - 2nd Bottle is going to be delivered hopefully at the next one :) Dont forget to give me the heads up on the call