Monday 30 June 2008

Live Omaha ! Love it...........

...................but I'm still a DONK !

we had the first local Omaha tourney last night. It was NL, because PL would be too hard ! LOL

£10 with £5 rebuys and unsurprisingly it was rebuy crazy.
I doubled up first hand when I called an all-in with top two pair and nut flush draw, just to see him playing a lower two pair. He-he. After the rebuy , the standard just improved a little, not a lot, just a little. I got up to almost a quarter of chips in play with 5 left when I made a move I didn't need too. Playing against the chip leaders 4xBB raise, who was playing tight,I called in position with AKQ6 hoping to hit and take him off it. Flop came down J,10,2 (2 clubs) and when he checked I moved in with what i beleived to be 13 outs and confident of him passing.He shrugged his shoulders and said "I call". "OK" I thought, but he flipped over a Monster in AAQ9 with 2 clubs....He had an Overpair, upndown straight and nut flush draws. Suddenly my 13 outs was reduced to 6 and with him having extra outs too. Probably down to 15% for me.
It was the right move in a normal tourney, but I was well in control here and didn't need to take on the only one who could hurt me like that. Daft play, but great fun tourney hope they have one again soon.

Anyway just to brighten up my gloom, played one gane tonight and made it through a $32 qualifier for Sundays $250,00 gtee on ipoker.



Roll on Sunday---------Im due A big CASH !!

No comments: