Wednesday 11 June 2008

Due a Bad Beat ...or ten

I've not updated for a week, so you might have guessed things haven't really gone my way. Cash Im down a little , due to a little bad luck and some poor plays. On the tournament side though , I have been playing well but getting well and truly smacked with the devils luck baton.
I had a few close sats the other day came 7th in the GUKPT with 2 seats and then on Thursday came 11th with 6 seats up for grabs in the Virgin festival sat. In both, I went out on coin flips that would have put me in the top 2.
I then got a few bad beats always arriving on the river and then tonight, I have realised it is Blue Square holding a grudge, when after 10 min in the league $40PL game, it gave me KK and I duly got it all-in pre-flop to see my opponent flip over Queens. Board xxx, x , and yes....Queen on the river.
So a few minutes later I am in the $109 GUKPT sat. 1st hand utg goes all-in and plenty of piss taking in the chat box, "one move, 75xBB, nice play" and so on. Very next hand of the tourney I get AA, so decide from utg to go all-in. Before I get any snide comments I get a call. "Oh Yes Happy days!" I think as he flips over AK of clubs. Board comes low, but two clubs and then the mighty poker lord teases me by turning a blank before dropping the cruel club on the River.
"mmmmmm never put you on AA" says the luckbox.
"I know , you muppet" I think.
"Re-buy for $100" asks the dealer
"Dont think I will bother."


END OF POST, TILT IS SETTING IN

No comments: