Tuesday 18 March 2008

The DTD experience

Went to Dusk till Dawn on Saturday and finally found out what all the fuss is about. Briefly, my thoughts:

1. It is perfect in terms of orgaisation of poker. Well lit, lots of tables(45in total) and space between them, chips are excellent quality,dealers were good, lots of Plasma screens to see clock/state of play, good structure in the time allowed inc. antes, tournament started bang on time and breaks were set clearly, lots of cash games going on later (7 i think, although only Omaha available was part of a heavy dealers choice game that i didn't feel comfortable playing), valets were very pleasant and always around and asking, parking is plentiful right by the door too which is just as well cause it was pissing it down.

2. Didn't have the atmosphere I was expecting/heard about/hoped for. There was 110 in my tourney , but in that room it felt as though the place was more than half empty...well it was more than half empty! The bar and restaurant are a little on the small side I think for when they have a bigger tourney and there is no where to lounge out, bar is just tall stools. The players were nearly all male and 25-55 , like me I guess, but the lack of younger players and women ( also only spotted one female dealer) I felt was noticeable on the atmosphere. Also so many of the players were know-it-alls, I know you get them everywhere, but I think DTD must attract them and these guys were constantly analysing hands out loud, guessing opponents cards out loud, bragging about there play esp. when they won a hand by telling people how well they played it and of course the favourite ~ telling others what they should have done. I saw quite a few of these know-it-alls make mistakes too.

So in all the atmosphere didn't really get to me, probably be a lot better for a tourney with a heap more players. Wiil defo go there for an APAT event.

As for the comp, I will do a report here later, and there are a couple of good little tales in there too, that should keep my 2 blog viewers returning. LOL

Lost connection on the Sunday night when I returned, so Snapper played the £40k for us, but got very ul when he got it all in on the flop with trip 4s v overpair QQ, only for the lady to appear on the river.

As for my cash games on Poker plex, been mixing it up a bit with Om8 $2/4 and also playing some stud @ $1/2 or $2/4. Been pretty steady really. My omaha graph for march shows a slight loss, but im posting the graph anyway just cause I love this Poker Grapher. Check back later Tue or Wed for DTD report

No comments: