Wednesday 15 April 2009

At Last

Well a busy time for me on the live Poker tables this w/end with me playing almost as much this w/end as in total so far all year !

Basics are ~
FRI night local £30 pub tourney, too fast structure but had already doubled my stack slowly before being crippled when I got called by an underpair to my top pair and he sucked out with one of his two outs. Then played cash with a total LAG who was great value for money, got stacked twice before getting it all back for a level day with a great hand where I had Trips with A kicker v. Straight Flush draw on the turn.
SUN night £20 home game around a friends house which are always good fun and the only time I play drinking. Yet despite the red wine I still ran well enough to chop both games we had heads-up for a smallish profit.
MON day & night Played the B'pool 'G' £100 Deepstack game and had a great time despite turning up an hour+ late due to M6 nightmare. So many hands to talk about but not enough space and ended up playing almost an hour for the final table bubble. Once it had burst we ended up not playing any more as it was 3am and we did a chop where 7 got £1000 and top 3 big stacks shared the rest.
You can see the official payout from this NUTZ tv shot and I thought at the time it was a good deal, but looking back probably did myself out of a couple hundred quid according to a chip stack chop and I had a playable stack and could have waited longer to deal really. However when you have been playing 12 hours it is knackering and I really don't know how the WSOP guys do it for 14hoursx7days straight!!

So at last I get a bit of results that I feel my play has deserved in recent live games and gaurantees a decent profit for April. I might even have a shot at a GUKPT Manchester event this next week.

To top it off Barrow Rugby won both games this w/end against Whitehaven and Leigh who are 2 of the top 4 so a great all round performance.

Catch everyone later where I hope to put up some of my plans for a local live Poker Tour.

No comments: