Tuesday 11 November 2008

Rakerace is nuts




This rakerace is all a bit stupid. It is only $200 I'm after, but feel I have to get there now. I'm upto 26th just 3 off the cash and I guess I'm not the only one thinking the same. I suppose I should look at the fact that if(when) I make it I will also have earnt a heap of extra bonus and rakeback. So I guess it will be more like $400 I'm going to gain by playing so much.

Having said that I had another downswing the other day, losing about $500 over almost 1000 hands. The thing is I'm beginning to get the feeling as though I am going to keep losing, yet still play on ! I don't feel I am playing particularly badly and the players on the tables aren't all winners, yet after a while I sense I'm just unlikely to win and probably going to lose more. Maybe it is a balance of the players on the tables or my position to them that is creating this, but as it is happening across multi-tables I have to assume that I am getting unlucky or playing not well enough. I think it is a bit of both and that I should definitely introduce a stop/loss limit to avoid me possibly "tilting" at all.


Finish with this hand from a Party Poker tourney the other day (my EXIT hand)

Get it all-in preflop with JJ v KK...."OOOPS"

Flop J3K.............................."Ah JESUS"

Turn J..............................."Get in you little beauty"

River K..............................."HUH"


Couldn't complain really, but what a damn tease !

No comments: