Tuesday 29 July 2008

Up the Online limits and the future is Live

I wet to play yesterday on Crypto and found hardly any games at my usual limits, so decided it was time to move up a bit as I had been going well for the last week or two. So logged into 4 $1/2 PLO tables and proceeded to crash, down over $300 within 30 min. I made a bit of a recovery and gained back a bit more this morning, but it just goes to show the variance involved and how you really need a bankroll and shouldn't move up until ready. I'll probably continue to mix it at 1/2 and 0.5/1 for a while.

I've also played a couple of freerolls. I did a treble entry across 3 crypto sites on a "goodwill" freeroll for a sat to the 20k g'teed. Got one of 10 seats from 500 and then proceeded to the final table of the 20k before running QQ into AA and the a shortstacker luckboxing out on me, to leave in 9th for $500. Not bad for a freeroll result but left a little dissapointed as I had been in top 2 for most of tourney and 1st place was $6k.

As for Live poker, I have a few things lined up. so here is the diary of events:

Sun 3rd Aug~ £100 D/C @ Stoke Circus (with £2k added) .... this is the anniversary cup that i chopped 3 way last year and then blagged the trophy from Lucy Rokash. So looking for a similar result this time.

Wed 27th Aug~ £50 APAT PLOmaha Champs @ Vic, London.......mmmm deep stack Omaha tourney....luv it!

Sat 30th Aug~ £75 APAT NLHE Champs @ Vic, London.....another 10k, 40 min jobby !

Wed 3rd Sept~ £250 GUKPT PLOmaha Festival event @ Bolton....My B'day next day so this is a treat to myself.


I have started a 'stake me' thread on Furness forum for the GUKPT PLO tourney @ Bolton and already have sold 40%. I feel this is a great way to be able to play these comps that I couldn't really bankroll and if i get some result in this one , Im sure I will get similar or better backing for the B'pool one and maybe more in the future. However it does put the pressure on, can feel it already !! LOL
Im only selling 50% so just 10% left to sell so get on quick. Basically £3 for 1% and I feel I will be +EV in this so good value. Reply as a comment or on here http://www.furnesspoker.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1190&p=5605#p5605

No comments: